Exciting news: our family is growing again and our little man is going to be a BIG BROTHER! It has been so much fun watching our first little person grow through his first year (also very busy). We are looking forward to his continued development and stepping into the role of being a little (at least at first) big brother.
He has become very helpful in his first year:
• Helping us drive tractors, trucks & 4-wheelers on the farm
• Taking plastic containers from the cupboard, finding the matching lids and putting them together
• Finding little things on the floors that need to be picked up (maybe trying to eat them once in a while, too)
• Picking up and putting away blocks & toys – after first enjoying making the mess of course
• Dancing up a storm to music
• High fives, big waves and page flipping while reading books
He is shy, but very observant of other children and people around him. So, it will be wonderful to observe him sharing all of his attention (oh no!) with a sibling. (Did I mention he is currently the only grandchild on both sides…yep.) For now, he gets a little more time to soak up the thrills and quietness an only child enjoys.
He isn’t expecting to be a big brother until August of this year. By then, he’ll be ready to go! 🙂 And we will be…well…hopefully rested up. Here is to a wheat harvest baby! For now, our little man is proudly sporting his new shirt: “Get a Load of this: I’m going to be a BIG BROTHER”.
“Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.” -Psalm 127:3